I 'bought' my ticket with points today - my first (and probably only) international first class flight. It would have cost *$8,000* if I had bought it with cash. Save your points, kids!
Cory is working on getting his ticket sorted out through Emory. He's planning to arrive a few days ahead of me - if all goes amazingly well he can find a 3-bedroom apartment to rent in downtown Rabat for $500 before I arrive! That's the dream.
We're almost completely packed. We have two categories of packing - one for taking with us to Morocco and one for packing here while we're gone. The rest is in the "prizes!" or craigslist categories.
The reason I'm going first class is so that I can bring 3 bags for free. Otherwise I would have had to pay $600 just for the luggage. But the fully lie-down seats for an overnight flight are a nice bonus.
I also bought a device (thank you Kevin and Annie!) that will allow me to have instagram so I can stay in touch with my families photos, since they've seemingly migrated off of Facebook for the most part. I'm always behind!
And here's another video!
Kasbah in Rabat
There is a place in Rabat of which one never tires. A place where it is
soothing to aimlessly walk, to take a moment and savour some tea, to be
refreshed in the Andalusian garden, or to simply bask in the inebriating
blues and brilliant whites of a Kasbah. This place is known as the
Oudayas Kasbah.
What the heck are you going to do with 3 bedrooms? Guess it's time to start having kids.
ReplyDelete