More than getting really cold in winter, Rabat (and Morocco) gets rainy. Not a huge deal, just need some rain-worthy shoes and a little more time for the clothes to dry out on the line.
The trick is this: we can see our breathe inside our apartment.
It's always colder inside than outside. Yesterday, I wore a jeans and tshirt outside, but inside I needed a fleece. Also, there is no indoor heating mechanisms in homes here. Space heaters are all we got.
For those of us who never used heat at home, it's fine!! I'm used to wearing my coat to bed :)
Cory is not much into wearing his coat to bed and has searched out all the warmest blankets he could find. He found some incredible ones. And we got a space heater.
But it wasn't quite cutting it. Cory was still cold.
UNTIL
A friend gave us an electric blanket.
This magical gift has made our bed a warm place to sleep at night and and we are no longer fighting each other for blankets in our sleep. Hurray! Thank you Shin Hyun!
What a perfect gift!!
ReplyDeleteYes! So kind :)
ReplyDelete