Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sarah's first cooking in Morocco!

Every so often I request more veggies from Cory. Usually he cooks me up something delicious! Every so often he suggests I cook them myself. 

I pondered this idea. 
I have gotten along for this long in my life without cooking very much. Here it's even easier because we could hire someone to cook delicious Moroccan-style food for us (since there's not even one Trader Joe's here ... so what am I supposed to eat?). 
I thought to myself: 'self, you've gotten this far in life without cooking, why start now?' I don't believe I have cooked a single thing since we moved here 5 months ago.
And I pondered some more.
And I thought at some point I might have to feed more than just myself and at that point the efficiencies of running out to the store and grabbing a smoothie to eat become inefficient and it would probably be good to have some other tricks up my sleeve. 

So upon my return from my trip back to the States, my goal was to cook *1* thing.

I fueled the flames by opening a pinterest account and pinning all the moroccan veggie recipes I could find. 

Last night with our friends was the perfect opportunity to dive in. 

I worked from this recipe but substituted my fave veggies.

First stop was to the veggie market on the first floor of our apartment building. 70 cents later, I had zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, and a chunk of pumpkin (they just off however much you want!).

Next stop was the grocery store to get the chickpeas and harissa spice paste. Then we were on our way to Heather and Adam's!




Delicious and nutritious - made even better by the great company and eating it outside by the fire.




3 comments:

  1. Good work, Sarah! I had no idea you didn't cook. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Sarah! I had no idea you didn't cook. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete