Today was the day!
It was a couple of hours to arrive there, first by train and then in our friends Tim and Katie's car (thank you guys!)
When I was a teacher, the school met in a Casablanca neighborhood with houses across the street from each other. Now they have built a huge sprawling campus about 10 miles south of the city on the beach. When I was there, they had just bought the land, so it was pretty amazing to see how it's new site has taken shape. It's gorgeous!
GWA stands for George Washington Academy, an international, trilingual, American-style school.
I started with a stop to the kindergarten team where I got to see my kindergarten colleagues Gael and Amal!
Such amazing ladies and it was so wonderful to see them again!
Then it was time for lunch with the high schoolers to see if I could find any of my old students. Cory and I bought lunch and sat down at random lunch tables and started watching. We started seeing them. I'm like 'Oh my gosh, Hachem just passed us! He looks exactly the same! And there's Mehdi!' So wild being in a time warp and seeing all these 4 year old eyes and faces now in 16 year old bodies.
We finished lunch and then started to make the rounds to introduce myself as their preschool teacher :)
Looking at their class pic from the 2002 yearbook







what a special time for all. glad you were able to do this, Sarah
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cheryl - I had been looking forward to seeing them for so long and it was so much fun!
ReplyDelete:) How amazing!
ReplyDelete:) How amazing!
ReplyDelete