Celebrating Christmas isn't much of a thing, as you may have guessed, in a primarily Muslim country. For example, not only do I have 4 hours of Arabic class everyday this week, but our final exam is on Christmas afternoon.
But that doesn't mean we're not getting festive! It's fun to celebrate the life of Jesus who was such an incredible gift and continues to love us so well.
Here's our little collection of decorations: beautiful homemade ornaments 'round the camel from Grandpa Finch and a few Bible verses related to Christmas.
And my friend Annie had me over for a Christmas cookie extravaganza and even had almond extract to make these Christmas faves.
Christmas Eve choir and pageant at church and fun and festivities with friends all week. I hope I don't bawl all the way through our songs in the choir. It's just so stunning who Jesus is.
We are both excited to skype with the family this week as they travel to be together. Time connecting with friends and family from afar is such a good gift! I'm jealous of all the pics on FB of people getting to be with their families!
Merry Christmas!



Looks like Christmas to me.... Hope to "see" you guys on Christmas Day.
ReplyDelete