No eating, drinking (even water), or smoking during the day. Especially tough in June and July :/
But after the sun goes down, the parties and feasting begin. I have heard that a lot of people actually gain weight during the month of fasting.
Anyway, the month before Ramadan is called Chabana and I got to go to a really fun all-ladies dance party to celebrate!
We arrived at 5pm and people were already dancing on the tables - which continued throughout almost the whole party - ladies taking their turn or finding a friend and dancing together on the table. Something I love about Moroccans is that they really know how to and love to have a great time!
These ladies were shaking it! I was super impressed.
Heather and Janae came with me and we all enjoyed seeing all the incredibly beautiful caftans, dresses, and takshetas around the room. I loooove Moroccan dresses and this was a feast of color.



What a great experience to be part of!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sharon. It was a blast!
ReplyDelete